St. Barts / St. Barth: Weddings
The application must include the following documents:
1. A letter signed and dated by the engaged couple, making application to be married within the provisions of article 58 of the Law No. 2009-594 of May, 27, 2009 with the specific date of the proposed marriage included.
2. Legal copies of birth certificates of both applicants.
3. Proof of identity of both applicants via copy of valid passports.
4. Full names, birthdates, birthplaces, addresses and professions of the parents of both applicants.
5. Full names, birthdates, birthplaces, addresses and professions of the witnesses to the proposed marriage.
For more details and specifics, please contact the island's tourist office well in advance of the planned event.
Often, couples choose to be legally married elsewhere before following up with an unofficial wedding ceremony, reception and/or celebration in St. Barts.
Featured Wedding Services
Photo © 2002-2013 Gerald Hill / Used by Permission.
© 1996-2013 French Caribbean International. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized reproduction of images, text, audio, video or other content is prohibited.
French Caribbean® is a registered trademark (marque déposée).
Since 1994, French Caribbean International has been the premier guide to the French West Indies. In addition to providing helpful travel information, we are an exceptional resource for accommodations including St. Barthélemy (St. Barts, St. Barth, St. Barths) villa rentals and hotels, St. Martin / St. Maarten villa rentals and hotels, Martinique villa rentals and hotels, Guadeloupe villa rentals and hotels, Les Saintes villa rentals and hotels, and Marie-Galante villa rentals and hotels.